Strong away results for Redbacks

LUSC First Grade v

Port United

The LUSC Camden Haven Redbacks first grade side needed a win against Port United at Dixie Park on Saturday to stay in semi final contention.

Camden Haven dominated the first period, with the majority of play inside the home side’s 25 metre mark, however, they couldn’t find the net as United were happy to sit back and defend. They rarely broke away and when they did, the Redbacks defence was there to snuff things out.

At half time the score remained at nil all however things were calm in the Redbacks camp and patience was the key word during the talk. Ten minutes into the second half Camden Haven were rewarded after some enterprising play between midfielders Alex and Josh Tomasone. They switched balls from one side to the other to open up space for Josh who was able to feed his brother Levi a near post ball and his shot on the turn found the net. Another 10 minutes went by before Dillie pounced on a neat through ball and his short cross found Luke Buckley on the near post and he made no mistake to increase the Redbacks lead to two nil.

With about eight minutes remaining Dillie was back in the action when he jumped on a loose ball which the United keeper couldn’t handle after a blistering shot from Levi, to steer home Camden Haven’s third goal. The Ref then handed United some credibility when he found a free kick which the Port boys converted. However a Dillie ‘rocket’ put the score back to how it should have been, 4-1 the final score. Alex Pearson got the Coach’s nod for an outstanding game.

The Redbacks take on competition leaders Macleay Valley Rangers this week at home.

Reserve Grade

An away game at Port United proved a tough trip for the reserve grade boys.

The Redbacks got off to a good start and some crisp passing created a few early chances. The game settled down with plenty of tough tackles from both sides, before the United striker slotted an early goal after a breakaway.

It wasn’t the start the visitors were hoping for but it was a good kick up the butt for everyone and they played the better soccer for the rest of the half with good chances falling to their attackers. Pressure on the Port defence lead to a few free kicks and one resulted in the equalizer, when a deep cross to the far post was brought down and smashed in by Al Williams. This was just reward for good work through the midfield however Camden Haven’s domination of possession unfortunately was not converted into goals. 1-1 half time.

The second half was a change in fortune as Port did to the Redbacks what they had endured in the first period. There was lots of pressure on the back four who were looking a little shaky. Keeper DanielWestwood kept the Port forwards out with some good saves, while Ben Romer led the boys at the back well. A few breaks by the Redback forwards nearly pinched a win when changes gave us fresh legs and some drive for the winner. Alas it didn’t come with 1-1 final score.

“This was a top 4 clash and it showed” said coach Bill Roe.

“The team lifted their game and played some great stuff with solid defence and some great attacking play. A draw was a fair result with a team we’ll probably cross horns with in the semis. This was a good performance fellas.”

Man of the match Brad Emerton was full of running all game.

This Saturday the Redbacks take on Macleay Valley Rangers at Laurieton in what are always tough encounters.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训.