Good away results for Redbacks keeps them in the semis race

LUSC 1st Grade v

Port Panthers

The LUSC sponsored Camden Haven Redbacks vs Port Panthers clash is always one to look forward to and last Saturday’s clash was no exception.

The ‘old foe’ came out firing and the Redbacks did look a little unsettled early.

Panthers scored first when a cross from the left found the head of an unmarked player who nodded it neatly into the net.

The action stepped up a notch from there as a ‘barney’ ignited the game when a Panther came in on Levi Tomasone sprigs and all. The referee found that timid, however awarded Panthers a penalty moments later when Luke Bradney went in hard on a 50 ball. The dot shot was converted and Panthers led 2-0.

Scott Spokes put the Reds back in the game before half time from a corner when he rose above the clouds and from outside the 6 yard box nodded in a screamer.

Camden Haven got off to the worse possible start in the second half when Panthers were awarded another penalty for an accidental hand ball and found themselves 1-3 down. However that Redback spirit that often surfaces against Port teams came to the fore and the boys fired up. Ryan Squires in his first game back made it 3-2 with a great left footer. The game got uglier when a Panther laid the boot into Josh Tomasone as he lay on the ground. The ref sent both players off as Josh jumped up to protect himself and the Redbacks then grew another leg.

They were denied a third goal when a screamer from Levi Tomasone hit the underside of the bar angled over the goal line and came back out but the officials didn’t concur. The Havens still weren’t done. A cross almost going over the base line was miraculously put back across goal by young Daniel Trompert and Dillie popped up on the left post to nod in the equaliser for a 3-all final score.

“No luck guys this one should have been ours” said coach Pete Monaghan after the game.

“Heads up though as there were fine performances right across the park.”

Next week the Redbacks are at home to Great Lakes in their last home game of the season. Should be another cracker. Thanks to all our supporters and hope to see you all again at home.

Go you Redbacks.

Reserve Grade

The Reserves were back on the paddock after three weeks off to meet Panthers at Wayne Richards Park Port Macquarie. They fielded a strong line up, but an injury to regular goalkeeper Westy meant Heath Milne started the game between the sticks. The boys started well with good passing from Al Williams and Luke Wells leading the way. A long ball by Panthers caught our defence out leaving Heath exposed – 0-1 to Panthers. The boys then rallied with some great soccer which led to Matt Whatson equalizing with a scorcher. The pace picked up now with the Redbacks midfield on top. Lee Hartshorne picked up the ball mid way in Panthers half and headed for goal before pinging a beauty and the Havens were on top with lots of possession. Al Williams then popped in a cracker for 3-1 half time lead.

The second half saw a similar pattern but a few mistakes at the back started to creep in. Williams won himself a dotty and slotted it and the Redbacks had a 4-1 lead.

However the wheels seemed to come off temporarily with possession given away too easily and two goals to Panthers seemed to rattle the visitors. Panthers were finishing strongly.

Going forward however, the Reddacks always looked dangerous and on a break, a great build up was finished well by Robbo, 5-3. The scoring was still not over as Panthers snuck another for a 5-4 final score.

“We were a bit rusty today against a young pacey Panthers side” said coach Bill Roe.

“The boys in mids and forwards had good games with some strong attacking play. We were a little undisciplined at the back but not through lack of effort. A big thanks to Heath Milne who put on the gloves and did a good job. Man of the match was Luke Wells who worked hard all game.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训.